Matheson


News and Insights

Print this page

Search News & Insights


Advised management of Fintrax on private-equity backed management buyout

AUTHOR(S): George Brady, Fergus Bolster
PRACTICE AREA GROUP: Corporate
DATE: 22.08.2012

Matheson, lawyers of choice for international companies and financial institutions doing business in and through Ireland, advised the management of Fintrax as part of a private-equity backed management buyout (MBO).

The deal, which is valued at €170 million, will see Exponent, a UK-based private equity group, acquire the 70% share of the company owned by founder Gerry Barry and his family, with the remaining management team reinvesting their 30% stake in the new investment vehicle.

Fintrax, which employs over 400 people across 26 countries, specialises in multicurrency payments, VAT refunds and credit card processing.  It has been a leading provider of payment services to overseas visitors and international organisations for the past thirty years through its VAT refund business, Premier Tax Free.

The team from Matheson comprised George Brady and Fergus Bolster from the firm’s Corporate Department.

 

BACK TO LISTING

Matheson Snapshot


About cookies on our website

Following a revised EU directive on website cookies, each company based, or doing business, in the EU is required to notify users about the cookies used on their website.

Our site uses cookies to improve your experience of certain areas of the site and to allow the use of specific functionality like social media page sharing. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but as a result parts of the site may not work as intended.

To find out more about what cookies are, which cookies we use on this website and how to delete and block cookies, please see our Which cookies we use page.

Click on the button below to accept the use of cookies on this website (this will prevent the dialogue box from appearing on future visits)