University of London, Kings College (LLB)
Alan Chiswick is a partner in the Corporate Department at Matheson specialising in mergers and acquisitions.
Alan's experience includes public and private company mergers, take-overs and acquisitions (both domestic and cross-border), equity fundraisings, joint ventures, reorganisations and corporate advisory work.
Prior to joining Matheson Alan worked at Allen & Overy in London and in-house for a listed technology company.
Alan has advised:
- Abtran on the investment by Carlyle Cardinal Ireland
- Apax on the sale of King Digital Entertainment plc to Activision Blizzard
- on the sale of two wind farm developments to financial buyers
- Insight Venture Partners on its investments in AMCS and Fenergo
- Three Ireland on its acquisition of O2 Ireland.
- Apax, a major shareholder, in relation to the initial public offering by King Digital Entertainment PLC on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Monaghan Mushrooms on the purchase of Walkro from Bencis Capital Partners
- Beam Inc. on the purchase of Cooley Distillery PLC
- the sellers on the sale of Data Electronics Group to Telecity Group Plc
- the ZJF Group on its acquisition of Firecomms Limited, the first acquisition of an Irish high-tech company by a Chinese corporation
- Mitie Group PLC on the acquisition of Dalkia's Irish soft facilities management business
- Syncreon and its shareholders on the investment by GenNx360 Capital Partners
- BC Partners on the Irish aspects of the €600 million acquisition of the Spotless Group
- FEXCO (the specialist provider of financial transaction processing and outsourcing services) on its €24 million purchase of Goodbody Stockbrokers from Allied Irish Banks Plc
- Verint Systems Inc on its acquisition of Iontas Limited
- large pharmaceutical company on a long term CIS JV with a leading medical device manufacturer
- two leading pharmaceutical companies on their purchases of large pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities in Ireland
- EcoSecurities Group plc in defending a hostile takeover bid from Guanabara Holdings BV and the subsequent recommended offer from Carbon Acquisition Company Limited
- Beacon Medical Group on the acquisition by UPMC Ireland Limited of a majority ownership of Dublin's Beacon Hospital
International Law Office Client Choice Award Winner for M&A
ILO Client Choice Awards 2016
Recommended for Corporate and Commercial.
European Legal 500 2014
Alan Chiswick is described as "approachable and pragmatic".
European Legal 500 2013