University of Limerick, BA Law and Accounting
Catherine is a partner in the tax department at Matheson. Catherine has over ten years' experience advising multinational corporations doing business in Ireland on Irish corporate tax.
Catherine has a particular interest in transfer pricing, competent authority matters and business restructurings and also has extensive experience in structuring inward investment projects, mergers and acquisitions and corporate reorganisations. Catherine’s clients include many of the leading multinational corporations established in Ireland, primarily in the pharmaceutical, healthcare, ICT and consumer brand sector.
Catherine has published articles in leading tax journals, is co-author on the Ireland section of the Bloomberg BNA TP Forum and is co-author of the Ireland chapter of the International Fiscal Association Cahiers on Cross Border Business Restructuring.
Catherine is a Chartered Tax Advisor and a member of the Law Society of Ireland.
Catherine has experience;
- advising leading multinationals on the Irish tax aspects of their operations including tax effective structuring of global reorganisations, IP ownership and cash repatriation strategies
- advising, and negotiating with the Irish Revenue Commissioners, on transfer pricing matters including mutual agreement procedure requests, transfer pricing opinions and advance pricing agreements
- advising on the application of the Irish transfer pricing regime
- advising companies on their establishment in Ireland
- advising on Irish stamp duty aspects of corporate restructurings and corporate transactions
Women in Tax Leader, Ireland
ITR Women in Tax Leaders 2016, 2nd edition
Clients praise Catherine O’Meara for her "great technical detail, thinking of every angle to spot all of the threats".
Chambers Europe 2016