University College Cork (BCL)
Fergus Bolster is considered "to be a strong choice for technology transactions".
Chambers Global & Europe
Fergus Bolster is a partner in the firm's Corporate Department where he focuses primarily on mergers and acquisitions, securities law and corporate governance matters.
Fergus advises on mergers, acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, restructurings and capital-raising transactions. He has represented public and private companies, institutional investors and financial intermediaries engaged in a variety of industries and sectors including technology, energy and media. He has extensive experience advising on cross-border takeovers of publically quoted companies subject to the Irish Takeover Rules, listings and ongoing fundraising transactions by Irish companies on US exchanges and on matters of Irish securities law generally.
Fergus also counsels corporate clients on a broad range of governance and business-related matters, including directors' duties and responsibilities, disclosure obligations and compliance matters. This advice is often provided to boards and individual directors in crisis situations where the satisfaction of their fiduciary duties is subject to particular scrutiny.
Fergus has advised:
- Weatherford International plc (NYSE) on a $1 billon registered direct offering of ordinary shares and warrants to acquire ordinary shares
- Weatherford International plc (NYSE) on a $540 million private offering of senior notes
- ElectroRoute and its founders on a major new partnership with Mitsubishi Corporation, a deal which has seen Mitsubishi taking a 60% stake in the Irish company
- Worldview Capital on its successful hostile takeover of Petroceltic International plc (ESM; AIM)
- Weatherford International plc (NYSE) on a $2.6 billion tender offer for existing senior notes
- Weatherford International plc (NYSE) on a $1.5 billion underwritten public offering of senior notes
- Weatherford International plc (NYSE) on a $1.1 billion underwritten public offering of senior exchangeable notes
- Weatherford International plc (NYSE) on a $565 million underwritten public offering of ordinary shares
- Willis on its $18 billion merger of equals with Towers Watson, and the listing of the new Irish holding company, Willis Towers Watson plc, on Nasdaq
- Weatherford International Ltd. (NYSE; SIX) on its corporate re-domiciliation from Switzerland to Ireland and the listing of the new Irish holding company, Weatherford International plc, on the NYSE
- Actavis Inc (NYSE) on its $8.5 billion acquisition of Warner Chilcott plc (NASDAQ) and redomestication to Ireland
- Royalty Pharma on its $6.5 billion hostile bid for Elan Corporation (NYSE: ISE)
- Cemex España, a member of the Cemex Group (BMV (Mexico): NYSE) on its recommended public acquisition of Readymix plc (ISE) by means of an Irish law scheme of arrangement
- Realm Energy International Corporation (TSX Venture Exchange) on its recommended public merger with San Leon Energy plc (AIM)
- Maple Energy plc (AIM: LIMA) on a $254 million debt and equity financing of its Peruvian ethanol project
- Goodbody Corporate Finance, financial adviser to Cerasus II Limited, on the recommended public acquisition by Cerasus II Limited of Trintech Group plc (NASDAQ) by means of an Irish law scheme of arrangement
- Angelini Labopharm Limited Partnership on the establishment of a joint venture between Labopharm Inc. (TSX: NASDAQ) and Gruppo Angelini for the commercialisation of the OLEPTRO(TM) drug
- Payzone plc (AIM) and its key-management on the terms of a debt and capital restructuring involving its existing RBS-led banking syndicate and a new private equity investor, Duke Street
- IAWS on its €2.5 billion public merger with Hiestand and on the listing of ARYZTA, the new parent company, on the Irish Stock Exchange (ISE) and the Swiss Stock Exchanges (SIX)
Fergus Bolster is admired for his "responsiveness and knowledge of Irish law, especially how it relates to international companies".
Chambers Global 2016
Fergus Bolster has particular expertise in handling M&A transactions and corporate governance issues, with a keen focus in cross-border takeovers.
Chambers Global & Europe 2015
Clients consider Fergus Bolster to be a strong choice for technology transactions.
Chambers Global & Europe 2014
Fergus Bolster recently advised on the merger of Realm Energy International with San Leon Energy. He also has particular expertise in advising on takeovers and securities law.
Chambers Europe 2013
Fergus Bolster is applauded for his "availability, response and pragmatic advice".
European Legal 500 2012
Fergus Bolster is highly regarded by market commentators and has a wealth of experience in the corporate sector.
Chambers Global 2012
Fergus is recommended by Chambers and Partners, European Legal 500 and Best Lawyers.