University College Dublin, Bachelor of Business and Legal Studies
Rory McPhillips is a partner in Matheson's Banking and Financial Services department. He practises principally in the areas of corporate banking, asset and project finance. Rory has extensive experience advising public and private sector organisations, banks, equity investors, aircraft lessors and airlines on a wide range of financing and leasing transactions over a number of years.
- Advised an Irish aircraft lessor in its €350,000,000 refinancing of a portfolio of Airbus and Boeing aircraft
- Advised an Irish aircraft lessor in connection with a $395,000,000 term loan financing secured by 23 aircraft
- Advised an Irish aircraft lessor in connection with a $600,000,000 refinancing of a large portfolio of aircraft
- Advised on a US$260 million aircraft asset backed securitisation transaction involving the acquisition of a portfolio of 30 aircraft
- Advised a lessor of Intermodal Railcars on a €55 million syndicated secured credit facility
- Advised on a US$713 million aircraft asset backed securitisation transaction involving the acquisition of a portfolio of 54 aircraft
- Advised on the establishment of numerous orphan and SPV structures to finance a variety of assets including aircraft and railcars
- Advised an Irish airline on the sale and leaseback of seven Avro RJ85 aircraft.
Rory McPhillips is named a next generation lawyer.
European Legal 500 2017
Rory McPhillips is named a Rising Star.
Rory McPhillips is recommended.
European Legal 500 2016