Director of Learning and Development
Nicola is responsible for implementing Matheson’s Learning and Development strategy. Nicola’s role focuses on:
- designing and managing our innovative lawyer development programmes in partnership with leading global educational organisations;
- developing and delivering our client training programmes in partnership with our executive education providers; and
- implementing our graduate recruitment and retention strategy.
Head of Knowledge Management
Finbarr is responsible for Matheson’s Knowledge Management strategy. Finbarr’s role focuses on:
- leading and coordinating the PSL Faculty and PSL Faculty projects;
- implementing knowledge management solutions and processes to strengthen knowledge-sharing across the firm;
- overseeing the Knowledge Management function including the library, legal research and know-how; and
- monitoring and sharing current awareness around legal developments and market trends.
Orla is a litigation specialist who supports the Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department across all areas, including:
- healthcare and life sciences;
- product liability;
- corporate restructuring and insolvency;
- insurance related litigation;
- employment, pensions and benefits;
- planning and environment related litigation;
- corporate offences, fraud and white collar crime;
- financial services litigation; and
- regulatory investigations.
Stuart specialises in debt capital markets and structured finance law, regulation and practice, including;
- debt capital markets transactions;
- derivatives, netting and collateral;
- regulatory matters;
- structured finance; and
Dorothy specialises in corporate law, regulation and practice, including:
- Irish and European company law;
- domestic and international corporate transactions, such as, mergers and acquisitions; joint ventures; corporate restructurings; private equity; IPOs; other equity capital markets transactions; and
- Irish corporate law advice to overseas clients contemplating inward investment, cross-border re-organisations and integration projects.
Noreen specialises in Commercial Real Estate, and Construction and Engineering, including:
- property acquisition, disposal, taxation and investment structuring;
- commercial leasing and landlord and tenant law;
- property development and construction;
- planning and environmental law;
- property and project financing; and
- Public Private Partnership construction and capital project transactions.
Brónagh specialises in asset management and investment funds law, regulation and practice, including:
- Irish and European financial services legislation;
- establishment of private and public investment funds;
- listing investment funds on the Irish Stock Exchange Euronext Dublin;
- structuring, marketing and sale of investment instruments and investment products; and
- investment advice and other financial services.
Ursula specialises in general commercial and corporate law including:
- Irish company law;
- Irish corporate law aspects of all type of structuring, refinancing, inter and intra-group transactions and re-organisations; and
- domestic and international corporate transactions, such as, mergers and acquisitions; joint ventures, partnership structures and private equity transactions.
Claire specialises in financial services law, regulation and practice, including:
- the authorisation of financial service providers such as insurance and reinsurance firms, insurance intermediaries, payment institutions, e-money institutions, MiFID firms and retail credit institutions;
- assisting financial service providers with the effective and timely implementation of changes required by regulatory developments;
- conducting reviews of financial service providers’ existing processes and procedures to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements; and
- advising on mergers, acquisitions, restructurings and joint ventures where financial service providers are involved.