"Outstanding. The firm has helped us to overcome a great number of challenges. The relationship with the team is great, and the expertise provided is excellent."
Our Finance and Capital Markets team has extensive experience advising the world’s leading alternative credit providers on all aspects of alternative finance – from the establishment of loan origination platforms to Europe’s first marketplace lending securitisation. Our team also has extensive experience in advising non-bank lenders on debt financing transactions involving Irish borrowers and / or Irish assets.
Alternative finance addresses financing activity that takes place outside of the traditional banking system. As restraints on traditional bank lending have left a funding gap needed to support business growth and vital employment creation across all sectors of the economy, alternative credit providers now represent a valuable source of alternative capital throughout the global financial markets. By 2020, it is anticipated that non-bank credit intermediation will reach in excess of US$1 trillion a year.
With our depth and breadth of expertise in alternative lending structures, our team offers clients innovative solutions in a constantly changing global environment and has worked on a number of pioneering market-first transactions.
Representative transactions include:
- Europe’s first marketplace lending securitisation of £129 million of UK SME loans originated through one of the largest UK online marketplace lending platforms
- Establishment of a $200 million secured medium term note programme that will offer investors exposure to a portfolio of loans originated on a number of different marketplace lending platforms
- Advising on the European Investment Bank’s first investment in UK marketplace lending
- Establishment of a €200 million loan origination platform by a US manager to lend to Irish SMEs
- Establishment of a €100 million specialty debt financing platform dedicated to growing European companies in the technology, life sciences and environmental sectors
- Advising on the establishment of loan origination and direct lending platforms (with or without leverage)
- Advising leading non-bank lenders in the Irish market in relation to the provision of credit facilities secured on investment property as well as for the purposes of land development and also in relation to the acquisition of participations in syndicated loan facilities (both senior and mezzanine)
- Advising non bank lenders in relation to cash flow backed loan facilities and facilities secured on assets other than real estate
- Advising on the establishment, warehousing and exit of various alternative lending platforms