As a leading gateway to the EU internal market, Ireland has become an important trading partner to many Asian companies and financial institutions. In areas including aviation finance and transportation, investment funds, telecommunications, structured finance and securitisation, gas, electricity and infrastructural development, against the backdrop of a favourable tax regime, there has been a steady increase in the number of Asian companies including banks, lessors, manufacturers, asset managers and investors doing business in and through Ireland.
Matheson is Ireland’s most internationally-focused law firm. With a primary focus on advising international companies and financial institutions doing business in and through Ireland, our clients include 27 of the world’s 50 largest banks, including many Asian banks, and over half of the Fortune 100 companies.
Our dedicated Asia Group comprises a team of experienced lawyers with specific expertise in advising Asian companies and financial institutions. A number of the partners and lawyers in our Asia Group worked in the Asian offices of major international law firms before joining Matheson. We have advised on some of the most significant investments made by Asian companies and financial institutions in Ireland. Our offering to Asia-based clients stands out from other Irish law firms due to our specific international focus and our knowledge of Asia. Our Asia Group draws on our market-leading practices in areas including Asset Management and Investment Funds; Aviation Finance and Transportation; Finance and Capital Markets; Energy and Natural Resources; Intellectual Property; International Business; Outsourcing; Project Finance; Structured Finance and Securitisation; Tax; Technology and Commercial Contracts; and Telecommunications.
本所的专职亚洲小组由经验丰富的律师构成，擅长为亚洲公司与金融机构提供咨询。我们亚洲小组的一些合伙人和律师在加入 Matheson 之前，曾就职于主要国际律所的亚洲分部。我们曾就亚洲公司与金融机构在爱尔兰所做的一些重大投资项目提供咨询。由于我们对国际业务的侧重以及对亚洲的了解，我们向亚洲客户提供的方案得以从众多爱尔兰律所中脱颖而出。我们的亚洲小组能利用本公司在以下领域中的领先做法：资产管理和投资基金；航空和资产融资；银行；能源和自然资源；知识产权；国际商务；外包；项目融资；结构化金融；税务；科技和商务合同；电信
Recent relevant Asian experience includes advising:
- a Chinese leasing entity on the acquisition of a US $1.5 billion portfolio of aircraft
- a Japanese aviation lessor on the establishment of a new leasing hub in Ireland
- an Asian company on the acquisition of Ireland’s largest fixed line operator
- an Asian multinational conglomerate on the establishment and operation of its Irish mobile telecommunications arm
- a Japanese Fortune 500 company on a major natural gas project in the Persian Gulf
- a Japanese investment bank on the issuance of $620 million in loan notes
- on the creation of the first Irish “China” Fund, a mutual fund investing in Chinese A shares
- a Japanese trading house in relation to investment in the Irish power sector
- on the registration and marketing of Irish funds on a public and private placement basis in Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Macau and Singapore
- on a landmark shipping dispute case involving a Korean registered vessel
- a large multinational in terms of structuring its Asian operations through Ireland in a tax-efficient manner
- a Chinese-based plastic optical fibre developer and LED lighting product supplier, on its acquisition of an Irish-based compound semiconductor company