Search News & Insights
Continued Business Growth Drives Ten New Partner Appointments at Matheson
AUTHOR(S): Gráinne Callanan, Geraldine Carr, Brian Doohan, Richard Kelly, Yvonne McWeeney, Niamh Maher, Mairéad Ní Ghabháin, Padraic Roche, Vahan Tchrakian, Kieran Trant
KEY CONTACT(S): Michael Jackson
PRACTICE AREA GROUP: Corporate, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Commercial Real Estate, Finance and Capital Markets, Tax
- Leading Irish law firm Matheson announces the appointment of ten new partners across a range of industry sectors;
- Partner team expands to 96, operating in more than 30 sector focused legal practice groups;
- In an uncertain international climate, the firm continues to experience growing demand for its ability to combine deep industry and sectoral knowledge with top tier legal expertise.
Matheson today announced further expansion at the firm with the appointment of ten new partners in the areas of Corporate, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Commercial Real Estate, Finance and Capital Markets, and Tax.
The new partners will continue to work closely with the firm’s domestic and multinational clients doing business in and from Ireland. With six global offices, the most recent opening in Cork in September 2018, Matheson has 96 partners and tax principals, and over 470 legal and tax professionals.
Commenting on the new appointments, Michael Jackson, Managing Partner at Matheson, said:
“I would like to congratulate each of our ten partners on their appointment. It is both a great personal achievement and a reflection of the continued growth of all sectors of our business.
In an at times volatile and uncertain international environment, we have continued to provide full service and sector specific advice to our clients, directing them on the legal and business consequences of emerging international developments including Brexit. Our new partners are highly experienced advisers in sectors impacted by the impending departure of the UK from the European Union and are working alongside our clients to help mitigate the ramifications and maximise the future opportunities.”
Jackson continued –
"These new partners are a valuable addition to our management team. Matheson is committed to ensuring that the firm provides a working environment where diversity and inclusion are positively engrained in everything we do. 45% of partners promoted over the last three years have been female and in June last year, Matheson was named the sixth most diverse law firm in Europe by The Lawyer magazine.”
The ten new Matheson partners and their practice areas are:
- Grainne Callanan (Corporate)
- Geraldine Carr (Employment)
- Brian Doohan (Tax)
- Richard Kelly (Finance and Capital Markets)
- Yvonne McWeeney (Asset Finance)
- Niamh Maher (Commercial Real Estate)
- Mairéad Ní Ghabháin (Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution)
- Padraic Roche (Corporate)
- Vahan Tchrakian (Tax)
- Kieran Trant (Corporate)