Search News & Insights
Healthcare Group Autumn Newsletter, November 2013
Welcome to the Healthcare Group's Autumn Newsletter.
This quarter, we analyse some key new guidance for practitioners in relation to obtaining valid consent and professional competence verification. We also look at forthcoming legislation requiring the mandatory reporting of concerns about child abuse to the authorities. In terms of case law, we examine a novel Irish case on costs and an English case where a beautician was found to be practicing dentistry unlawfully by providing a tooth whitening service.
In this issue:
- Beautician providing tooth whitening service was unlawfully carrying on the business of dentistry
- Risks for practitioners who don't keep their professional competence requirements up to date
- Recent landmark decision on costs for defendants - light at the end of the tunnel
- New guidance for practitioners on obtaining valid patient consent
- When should practitioners report concerns about child abuse?
Click here to read the articles.