Search News & Insights
Matheson Employment, Pensions and Benefits Ezine, Autumn 2013
Welcome to the Employment, Pensions and Benefits Group Autumn newsletter.
This quarter we look at the impact of Budget 2014 in the pensions area and the Pensions Board’s consultation paper on the future of defined contribution schemes. We also update you on the progress of the Protected Disclosures Bill 2013. In terms of recent case law, we review diverging EU Court of Justice opinions on surrogacy and a woman’s entitlement to leave, an English High Court decision upholding a twelve month restrictive covenant, and the Irish High Court’s rejection of pension scheme trustees’ appeal against a Pensions Ombudsman determination.
In this issue:
- Diverging views on surrogacy emerge from the Court of Justice of the EU
- Twelve month non-solicitation covenant upheld for insurance broker
- Budget 2014 – changes to pensions
- Pensions Board consultation paper on defined contribution pensions sets out concerns about the Irish market
- Willis and Others v The Pensions Ombudsman and Emer Lawlor
- Progress of the Protected Disclosures Bill 2013
- Employment law in the UK and Ireland: the notable differences
Please click here to read the full articles.