Search News & Insights
Matheson Leading the Way in Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards Nominations
AUTHOR(S): Michael Jackson
KEY CONTACT(S): Yvonne McWeeney, Emma Doherty, Maria Kennedy, Karen Reynolds, Julie Murphy-O’Connor, Sharon Daly, Tara Doyle
PRACTICE AREA GROUP: Asset Management and Investment Funds, Environmental, Planning and Safety, Corporate, Aviation Finance and Transportation, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency, Insurance and Reinsurance, Corporate Offences, Fraud and White Collar Crime
Matheson is delighted to announce that the firm has received a record number of nominations in the 2019 Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards. Matheson lawyers have been recognised across the practice areas of Corporate, Aviation, Environmental, Financial Regulation, Insolvency and Restructuring, Insurance and Reinsurance, Investment Funds, Litigation (see full list of nominations detailed below). In addition, the firm has been shortlisted for ‘Ireland Firm of Year’ as well as for Best National Firm Mentoring Programme.
Speaking today, Michael Jackson Managing Partner at Matheson said –
“This list of 12 nominations for the firm clearly demonstrates the strength and depth of legal expertise across our practice areas here at Matheson. I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate all of those involved in achieving these nominations. While our work at the firm is very much a team effort, with both our legal and business professionals playing their part, it is great to see so many of our talented female lawyers receiving international recognition for their complex legal work in these competitive European awards.
“At Matheson, our success has been built on a clear client-focused strategy, a commitment to excellence and the calibre of our people. It is also built on recognising diversity of talent – and, with diversity as a core value of the firm, at Matheson we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues are valued and respected.
“We look forward to the awards ceremony in June and wish all those nominated the very best of luck.”
Matheson shortlisted for:
- Ireland Firm of the Year
- Best National Firm Mentoring Programme
Individuals shortlisted for:
- Best in Aviation - Yvonne McWeeney – FCM – New Partner
- Best in Corporate Governance - Emma Doherty - Corporate
- Best in Environment - Maria Kennedy – Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Best in Financial Regulation - Karen Reynolds – Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Best in Insolvency and Restructuring - Julie Murphy-O'Connor - Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Best in Insurance and Reinsurance - Sharon Daly - Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Best in Investment Funds - Tara Doyle - AMD
- Best in Litigation - Sharon Daly - Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Best in White Collar Crime - Karen Reynolds - Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Rising Star Litigation - Ciara Dunny - Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution