- BA Law & Accounting (UL)
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- Solicitor, Law Society of England and Wales (non-practicing)
- Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) - Irish Taxation Institute
- Qualified Financial Adviser (QFA) - Institute of Bankers
- Diploma in Islamic Finance (CIMA)
- Diploma in General Insurance (Institute of Bankers)
Barry is a partner in the tax group specialising in international tax.
Barry advises on supply chain tax structuring, inward investment projects, corporate reorganisations, cross border taxation of senior executives, tax controversy as well as mergers and acquisitions. Barry advises a portfolio of international clients primarily in the ICT, life sciences, manufacturing, retail and industrial sectors.
Barry speaks and writes regularly on international tax matters for the International Tax Review, Irish Tax Institute, International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA), International Bar Association (IBA), PLC, Law Society, Kluwer and Bloomberg.
As well as being admitted to the roll of solicitors in Ireland, Barry is admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales (non-practicing), is a qualified financial advisor and is a chartered tax adviser of the Irish Taxation Institute.
Much of Barry's work on tax matters is confidential. An overview of Barry's experience is outlined below:
- advised on structuring and implementing an international supply chain tax solution for numerous multi-national enterprises
- advised a leading global healthcare company on the establishment of their Irish headquarters
- advised a leading global technology company on a group re-organisation and integration project
- advised a global manufacturing company on the establishment of an Irish holding company
- on-going tax counsel to international corporates on tax aspects of their Irish operations
- advised employers and employees on a wide range of cross-border tax issues, including SARP
- advised on tax controversy matters arising out of a tax audits and appeals
Barry McGettrick is recommended.
European Legal 500 2018
- Law Society of Ireland Findlater Scholarship Winner (2008)
- Irish Taxation Institute Third Level Award Winner (2004)