University College Dublin (BBLS)
University College Dublin (LLM)
Warwick University (MBA)
Ciaran is a partner in the Corporate and Commercial Department at Matheson.
Ciaran’s practice involves advising a wide range of leading international and Irish public and private corporations, private equity and venture capital funds and other institutions on all legal aspects of their corporate affairs.
Ciaran specialises in private M&A transactions and public takeovers and has extensive international, Irish and cross-border market experience. He also advises on equity capital markets transactions, securities laws, private equity deals, joint ventures, reorganisations, capital restructurings, general commercial contracts and corporate governance and advisory matters.
Ciaran joined the firm in 2017 having previously practised with Clifford Chance in London and with another leading Irish law firm. He was also seconded to a large Fortune 500 international healthcare company in 2011.
Some of Ciaran’s most notable transactions include acting for:
- The Irish Infrastructure Fund, managed by AMP Capital and Irish Life Investment Managers, on the acquisition of a majority interest in Ireland’s largest wholesale-only carrier, enet.
- Genesys, the global leader in omnichannel customer experience and contact centre solutions, on the acquisition of Altocloud Limited, an industry leading cloud-based customer journey analytics provider.
- Virgin Media, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Liberty Global, on its acquisition of UTV Ireland from ITV plc.
- A leading Asian investment company on the acquisition of a significant Irish technology business.
- Activision Blizzard, Inc. on its $5.9 billion acquisition of King Digital Entertainment plc by way of a scheme of arrangement.
- McKesson Corporation on its acquisition of the pharmaceutical distribution business of FTSE 250 company, UDG Healthcare plc.
- A leading real estate investment and development company on the acquisition of various property portfolios.
- The financial advisor to IAG in relation to the recommended €1.4bn offer by IAG for Aer Lingus.
- Ormonde Mining plc in relation to the hostile approach from Almonty and $100m debt and equity investment by Oaktree in its Tungsten mine at Barruecapardo, Spain.
- An Irish and London listed global food company on a cross-border joint venture related to early life nutrition products.
- Salamander Energy plc on the £319 million takeover by Ophir Energy plc.
- Skyepharma plc on its 2014 capital raising.
- WEX, Inc. on its acquisition of the European fleet card business of Esso.
- SMBC Aviation Capital on the acquisition of SMFL Aircraft Capital Corporation B.V. and SMFL Aircraft Capital Japan Co., Ltd.
- CVC, Permira and Charterhouse on their £3 billion whole business securitisation of the AA and related reorganisation.
- LCH.Clearnet on the acquisition of a majority stake by London Stock Exchange Group plc and LCH.Clearnet’s €320m equity capital raise.
- The Royal Bank of Scotland non-core division on the sale of its European locomotive and electric passenger train leasing business to Alpha Trains.
- Mondelēz International on the $18 billion spin-off of its North American grocery business, Kraft Foods, Inc.
- Mondelēz International on the reorganization and integration of its international businesses with Cadbury following its 2011 takeover of Cadbury plc.
- ICAP plc on a number of group reorganisations.
Ciaran Healy is recommended.
European Legal 500 2018
Ciaran Healy is listed as a notable practitioner.
University College Dublin (BBLS)