University College Dublin, Bachelor of Civil Law
Éanna is a partner in the Corporate Department at Matheson and is resident counsel in the firm's London office. He advises on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and corporate reorganisations.
Éanna has advised the Irish State and many leading Irish and international companies, institutions and private equity houses.
Éanna is a member of the Irish Law Society.
- advised Aramark on its acquisition of the Avoca Group
- advised on the disposal of the Gresham Hotel Group to RIU
- advised the Irish State on the sale of Irish Life
- advised News Corporation on its acquisition of Storyful
- advised Hutchison Whampoa on its acquisition of O2 Ireland through its Irish subsidiary, 3
- advised Enel and Endesa on the sale of Endesa Ireland Limited to SSE
- advised on the disposal of Towercom Limited
- advised An Post on its successful bid for the Irish Lottery Licence (as part of the Premier Lotteries Consortium)
- advised Fexco on its acquisition of Goodbody Stockbrokers and Goodbody Corporate Finance from AIB
- advised Sicon Limited on the acquisition of several medical distribution companies to form the Sisk Healthcare Group
- advised Vermilion Energy in relation to its acquisition of a 20% stake in the Corrib Gas Field
Éanna Mellet is named a Highly Regarded Individual.
Resident Counsel Éanna Mellett is highly regarded
Legal 500 UK 2017
Clients stress Éanna Mellett is "commercially very astute, negotiates in a fair way and understands what companies are trying to achieve".
Chambers Global & Europe 2017
Éanna Mellett is "a very capable legal advisor, who is commercially astute and a real team player".
Éanna Mellett is named a Leading Lawyer.
Éanna Mellett is "very good on the corporate side and handled several matters very well".
Chambers Global 2016
Éanna Mellett is "a good guy, responsive and practical to work with".
Chambers Global & Europe 2015