- Degree in Business and Legal Studies, University College Dublin
- Masters in International Business, UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School
Michael Hastings is a partner in the Finance and Capital Markets Group in Matheson. Michael advises on a broad range of banking-related issues but his work primarily involves acting for lenders who are funding property and project financings and restructurings. He acts for a wide range of leading Irish and international banks and financial institutions, as well as alternative lenders, in relation to domestic and international bilateral and syndicated facilities. Michael also provides banking legal advice to some leading Irish corporate entities, as well as property investors and developers.
Michael has extensive experience of drafting and advising on loan, security and intercreditor documentation. He has worked in the Finance and Capital Markets Group at Matheson since 2010.
Michael has recently:
- advised a syndicate of lenders on the provision of a loan by them secured on Dundrum Shopping Centre
- advised a syndicate of lenders on the provision of a loan by them to fund the acquisition of the PwC office building in the IFSC, Dublin
- advised an international lender regarding the provision of development finance for the Capital Dock development in Grand Canal Dock, Dublin
- advised the developer of a number of major student accommodation developments in Dublin in relation to their financing
- advised a Singaporean entity in relation to the provision of bank finance to it to fund the development of a major office block in the Dublin Docklands
- advised a club of international lenders in relation to the €160 million portfolio acquisition financing of nine operational wind farms in Ireland
- acted for a syndicate of banks in relation to the financing of an extension to an Irish hospital
- advised the purchaser of the Liffey Valley Shopping Centre in relation to its financing of the purchase
- advised an international bank entering the Irish lending market on the various regulatory and consumer protection issues of which they should be aware when lending to Irish individuals and other entities
- advised a number of Irish and international banks, as well as the Irish Banking Federation, on their standard loan and security documentation
- assisted in preparing a report for the Central Bank of Ireland following a review of a portfolio of residential, corporate, commercial real estate and business loans originated by various Irish banks and financial institutions
- lectured in the Law Society of Ireland in relation to Property Financing
Michael Hastings is recommended.
European Legal 500 2018