Dan Peart is a partner in our Finance and Capital Markets Department. Throughout his career, Dan has advised private equity, investment banks, listed companies, arrangers and special servicers on property finance and structured finance transactions.
Dan has over 10 years of industry experience having worked in Blackstone as chief transaction lawyer for its European structured finance and real estate debt strategies division and also in RBS as a senior transaction lawyer on its EMEA structured finance desk. Previously, Dan was a managing associate in Linklaters’ structured finance group.
In particular, Dan has advised on:
- senior, mezzanine, holdco, NAV, NPL, repo, RMBS, CMBS and repack financings and restructurings in the real estate sector;
- whole business securitisation, leverage loan, high yield bond, bank and CLO financings and restructurings in the corporate sector; and
- capital relief, non-core, asset distribution and tax arbitrage transactions for US, UK and European investment banks using true sale, vendor finance and synthetic structures.
Dan is a qualified solicitor and an associate of the Irish Tax Institute.
Dan has structured or advised on the following selected transactions during his time in industry and private practice:
- a “certain funds” acquisition financing of an office and logistics portfolio in Ireland.
- a jumbo RMBS of a UK buy-to-let mortgage portfolio.
- a “first loss” synthetic securitisation of a leading UK investment bank’s commercial real estate loan portfolio arranged for capital relief purposes and distributed to private equity investors.
- a whole business securitisation and high yield debt platform for a UK leisure business.
- multi-billion pound structured finance platforms for asset backed FTSE 100 companies.
- a joint venture relating to an NPL portfolio funded by a public CMBS.
- a pan-European commercial real estate loan portfolio sale with vendor financing.
- a senior / mezzanine acquisition financing of a European hotel group.
University College Dublin (BCL)
Qualified solicitor in Ireland
Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales
Associate of the Irish Taxation Institute
Diploma in Applied Finance Law