Kimberley is a partner in the Construction and Engineering Group.She has previous experience as a solicitor in real estate development in Canada and Hong Kong. Kimberley is a dually qualified solicitor and registered architect which gives her a unique insight to the issues which arise in Construction which is much valued by the Team’s clients.
Kimberley has significant technical skills and experience having acted as lead construction adviser in many of the Team’s very significant and complex transactions.
- Acting as lead construction adviser to an international pharmaceutical company its acquisition of a new Irish headquarter building by way of a 20 year long lease including advising on and negotiating the construction obligations contained within the Agreement for Lease including the early access provisions, landlord credits, complex provisions for repair in the event collateral warranties are not provided by the landlord and tenant remedies for delay in completion of the building.
- Advising and international technology company on the acquisition and fit-out of 178,000 sq ft of Grade A office space at a prime city centre location and at the same time advising the same technology company on a separate acquisition of 31,500 sq ft of temporary Grade A office space at a nearby development.
- Representing a major domestic developer in the construction and forward sale of 4 separate Private Rental Schemes (total capex €207 million).
- Acted as lead construction adviser to a major developer, in relation to the development and sale of a landmark waterfront site in Dublin’s city centre docklands, which includes approximately 146,000 sq ft of office space, along with 40 apartments (capex €160 million).
- Acting as lead construction adviser in the complex forward funding arrangement for a large international financial company in its acquisition of its 12,000 sq m office block in a landmark campus development in the city centre, including full construction due diligence, advising on the construction aspects of the forward funding contracts, drafting the full construction suite of documents for the fit out and provided ongoing advice to the client in relation to complex licencing and reverse licencing arrangements with the vendor for early access to the building to complete the fit out prior to completion of the base build.
- Advising one of the leading universities in Ireland on the development of a new business innovation centre in the city centre which will connect indigenous and multinational companies together with researchers and venture capitalist businesses similar to schemes developed in Toronto, Rotterdam and Barcelona (capex €1 billion).
- The team advised a shortlisted bidder on its tender for the National Broadband Ireland project in respect of the design, building and operation of a high speed broadband network serving over 550,000 homes and business under Ireland’s National Broadband Plan. This is the largest ever infrastructural project in a telecoms sector in Ireland (capex €3 billion).
- Acting as lead construction adviser in a due diligence review for a blue chip multinational client of construction documentation in the context of a lease of an entire new office building under construction and drafting the construction suite of contracts for the fit out works to the same building including drafting the building contract, consultant appointments, pre-construction services agreement with the proposed contractor, providing advice on construction defects under agreement for lease.
- Acting for an international development company including a complex procurement strategy and unique contract structure for the construction of a number of office and residential blocks in the city centre.
- Acting as lead construction advisor to an international pharmaceutical company in relation to the development obligations under an agreement for lease of the entire building in a prominent city centre location.
- Acting for an international health care solutions provider in a PPP project to provide a new laboratory to a major healthcare provider in Ireland.
- Acting as lead construction adviser to an international software company in relation to the construction suite of contracts for the fit out works which involved extensive negotiation with counterparties on consultant appointments and the fit out building contract and also included advice on deficiencies in recourse for the client arising from lacunas in the construction package in relation to the base build and critical amendments to the repair obligations in the lease for the premises and latent defects policies of insurance as a bespoke solution to the issues.
- Acting as lead construction adviser to a multinational pharmaceutical client in relation to an extension to an existing facility to provide a bio-pharma production and filling facility (capex €23 million).
- Acting for a large international manufacturing company in relation to works for compliance with its environmental protection licence including advising in relation to the construction contract and consultant agreements.
- Working closely with the lead construction litigation partner in advising a Government agency on contract administration and dispute resolution issues arising from the GCCC form of contract (capex circa €53 million).
Kimberley Masuda is recommended.
European Legal 500 2020
Kimberley Masuda is named a next generation partner.
European Legal 500 2020
She has experience beyond her years and an encyclopaedic knowledge of contacts.
Chambers Europe 2019
Kimberley was named next generation partner.
Legal 500 2019
University College Dublin, Diploma of Arbitration Law (Dip. Law Arb)
University College Dublin, Bachelor of Architecture, (BArch)
University College Dublin, Bachelor of Architectural Science, (BSci (Arch Sci))
University of British Columbia, Canada, Bachelor of Law (LLB)