Alison Bearpark is a partner in Matheson’s Construction & Engineering Team.
Alison has 15 years’ experience both in Ireland and internationally, acting for developers, employers, banks, state bodies and contractors on large and complex building and engineering projects. In addition to bespoke forms of contract, Alison advises on all industry standard contracts including NEC, FIDIC, RIAI, JCT and IEI.
- Advising a pharma company on the construction documents entered into in connection with the expansion of an existing facility in County Dublin;
- advised an Irish University on the procurement and construction of a new academic space at the University;
- advised a commercial State-sponsored body on the construction aspects of a contract for sale for the purchase of residential units in Kildare;
- advised a UK Fund in relation to the construction documents (design and build contract, consultants appointments, design subcontracts and all related documents) required for the design and construction of over 300 apartments and associated ancillary space at a site in Dublin 24;
- advising an Irish pillar bank on the financing of a number of residential units in Ireland, including a modular housing development;
- advised a large Irish developer on development finance agreements and all related construction documents to be entered with the site owners for the design and construction of a hotel and, a social housing unit at a site in Dublin 2;
- advised an international contractor on the terms of a design and build contract (approx. €45 million) to be entered into for a residential development in County Dublin. Advice and drafting also required in relation to performance bond, parent company guarantee, appointments, novation agreements and collateral warranties;
- advised a large Irish developer on development agreements and all related construction documents required for the development of social housing units at multiple locations in Dublin;
- advised an Irish residential funder on the construction documents to be entered into by a borrower for a residential development in Ennis, County Clare, including a building contract (based on the RIAI conditions of contract), letters of appointment, collateral warranties and all health and safety documentation.
Alison was named as a “Rising Star”
Legal 500 2020.
“Alison Bearpark’s proficiency and accuracy in the provision of construction documentation and her calmness and professionalism in dealing with both clients and third party solicitors is outstanding”
Legal 500 2020
"She is very approachable, has an excellent manner and is able to translate legal text into an understandable language for her clients”
Chambers Europe (2021)
“Alison Bearpark is excellent to work with, she's fully on top of her brief at all times and extremely proactive."
University of Wales (LLB)
Trinity College Dublin (LLM)
Qualified as a solicitor in Ireland
Law Society of Ireland (Diploma in Commercial Property)