Sandra is a Partner in Matheson’s Corporate Department. She advises on international and domestic mergers and acquisition, shareholders’ agreements, investment agreements and joint ventures, venture capital and private equity transactions, corporate reorganisations and restructurings. She has represented public and private companies, institutional investors and financial intermediaries engaged in a variety of industries and sectors including technology, energy and media.
Sandra has recently advised on a significant number of the most valuable and high profile transactions undertaken in the Irish market, including:
- Private equity fund, Riverside Partners, in its acquisition of Netwatch, a leading private security company with operations in Ireland, the UK and the US.
- Private equity fund, Bregal Investments, on its investment in Arkphire Group, one of the fastest growing IT procurement companies in Europe.
- Meritsoft on its sale to Cognizant.
- Irving Oil on the acquisition of Top Oil.
- The DPO Group, a leading high growth e-commerce platform and payments provider, on its recent acquisition by Network International Holdings plc.
- Modern Hire, Inc., the US enterprise hiring platform and a portfolio company of US private equity fund, Riverside, on its acquisition of Sonru Limited, a global leader in video interviewing.
- Gaelic Players Association on its historic merger with the Women Gaelic Players Association.
- Chenavari Partners, on its investment in Dilosk DAC, an Irish financial services company.
- Irving Oil on the acquisition of the Whitegate refinery from Phillips 66.
- Gruppo Campari on the sale of the Carolans and Irish Mist Brands to Heaven Hill.
- Scandi Standard AB (publ) on the acquisition of Manor Farm.
- Saorgus in relation to the sale of two windfarms.
- Aramark on its acquisition of the Avoca Group.
- Abtran on the investment by Carlyle Cardinal Ireland.
"George Brady and Sandra Lord are effective at bridging legal concepts and corporate and business matters. The team is very responsive, and by being familiar with all current activities for which we have engaged Matheson, they operate very effectively as a central point of contact."
Chambers Europe 2019
Sandra Lord is named a Rising Star.
Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland
Admitted as a solicitor in England of Wales (non-practising)
Trinity College Dublin, LLB