William Foot is a partner in the Finance and Capital Markets Department in Matheson. William advises financial institutions, asset managers, originators, private equity firms, investment banks, arrangers, issuers, trustees and investors on a range of debt capital markets, securitisation and structured finance transactions.
William has extensive experience in advising on a broad range of transactions involving Irish special purpose vehicles, including securitisations, repackagings, CLOs, corporate bond issuances, asset backed commercial paper issuers, derivatives, repurchase agreements and securities lending.
William also advises clients on Irish prospectus, transparency and market abuse law, and listing queries relating to the listing of debt securities on the Main Securities Market and the Global Exchange Market of Euronext Dublin.
William previously held a number of senior in-house legal roles at regulated entities such as Blackstone Credit and Dell Bank International d.a.c., working on a variety of securitisation, private equity, credit risk mitigation, revolving credit facility and bond issuance matters, as well as providing regulatory advice relating to MiFID, AIFMD, CRR, EMIR and the Securitisation Regulation.
William is a qualified solicitor and a member of the Law Society of Ireland.
- Acting as issuer counsel on European CLO and ABS transactions.
- Advising European banks on their Irish commercial paper issuer programmes.
- Advising asset managers, hedge funds and private equity funds on the establishment of Irish investment vehicles for the purposes of acquiring and / or originating a broad range of financial assets.
- Advising an Irish bank on its entry into the ECB's Targeted longer-term refinancing operations (TLTRO) programme.
- Advising banks in respect of their ABCP, MTN and repackaging programmes.
- Acting as borrower and lender counsel in connection with a number of secured revolving credit facilities.
- Acting as trustee and agency counsel on structured finance transactions.
- Advising arrangers on structuring and offering of equity, fund and commodity linked securities.
December 2019: As an in-house lawyer, awarded the Dell Financial Services' President Award for capital structure optimisation following successful implementation of Dell Bank's Irish law governed €500 million Eurobond, the Bank's first public bond issuance.
Professional Practice Course, Law Society of Ireland
BA Joint Honours: Economics and French, Cardiff University