Emma Doherty is a partner and a member of the US Business and Inward Investment Groups at Matheson.
Emma practises corporate law and regularly spends time in the US with her clients. She works with international companies on the establishment, expansion and operation of their businesses in Ireland. Emma also advises clients on the complex legal issues that can arise on international transactions involving Irish subsidiaries of foreign companies, including advising on a broad range of corporate reorganisations. Emma regularly leads group-wide multi-jurisdictional international restructuring projects.
Emma also advises corporate clients on a broad range of contract, corporate governance and business-related issues, including directors' duties and compliance matters. In addition, she provides ongoing corporate advice and strategic counselling to clients, including advice in relation to distributions and complex cash repatriation strategies.
Emma is a member of the Company Law Review Group, the statutory advisory expert body charged with advising the Minister for Business, Enterprise & Innovation on the review and development of company law in Ireland.
- Advising international corporations on some of the largest establishment and expansion projects in Ireland.
- Standing Irish corporate counsel to many international companies.
- Advising Fortune 100 US corporations on group-wide international restructurings including IP reorganisations, pre- and post-acquisition integration transactions, consolidation and restructuring projects, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, spin-off and separation transactions.
- Managing significant multi-jurisdictional international reorganisations.
- Providing ongoing strategic advice and counselling to a range of international corporations, including in relation to cash and dividend repatriation strategies.
Emma Doherty is "extremely bright, articulate and responsive".
Chambers Europe 2018
"Emma offers very pointed, practical advice. She is concise and on top of everything."
Chambers Europe 2018
Emma Doherty shows "meticulous attention to detail".
European Legal 500 2018
University College Dublin, Bachelor of Business and Law (BBLS)
Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
Chartered Tax Advisor, Irish Taxation Institute
Qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales (non-practising)
Associate Member, American Bar Association (ABA)