John is a partner in the Corporate M&A Group.
John specialises in corporate transactions (both domestic and international) including mergers and acquisitions, shareholder arrangements, equity fundraisings, joint ventures, corporate reorganisations and restructurings, corporate redomiciliations and general commercial matters. He advises leading Irish and multi-national public and private companies on private M&A and public company transactional mandates. John has particular experience in the Life Science and Aviation sectors, having worked on many significant corporate transactions in these sectors in recent years.
John has advised:
- Novo Nordisk on its $1.2 billion acquisition of Neotope Neuroscience Limited from Prothena Corporation plc.
- Novo Nordisk on its acquisition of its first manufacturing facility in Ireland through the acquisition of a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility, and its related business, in County Westmeath from Alkermes plc.
- Zoom on its $250 million acquisition of Workvivio Limited, the Irish workplace communication software company.
- Google on its $150 million acquisition of Pointy, an Irish based technology company which has developed a hardware and software technology to help physical retailers get their products discoverable online.
- Horizon Therapeutics plc on its acquisition of a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility, and its related business, in County Waterford, from EirGen Pharma.
- Trinity Biotech plc on the disposal of its Fitzgerald Industries division to Biosynth International, the Swiss based provider of life sciences reagents and CDMO services.
- Impulse Dynamics plc on its corporate and tax re-domiciliation from Curacao to Ireland and on various subsequent funding rounds.
- ALAFCO Aviation on the $2.2 billion sale of its aircraft leasing platform, consisting of 73 aircraft, to Macquarie Airfinance Group.
- Azorra Aviation acquisition of a portion of Nordic Aviation Capital's aircraft leasing platform, consisting of 37 aircraft, as part of a Chapter 11 bankruptcy process.
- RIVE Private Investment on its acquisition of a controlling interest in the Loxig Aero Group.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Finance and Leasing Co., Ltd. (SMFL) on its acquisition of a minority interest in LCI Aviation.
- Towerbrook on its acquisition of and $100 million investment into CarTrawler.
University College Dublin, Bachelor's Degree (BCL), 2010
Kings College London, Masters of Laws (LLM), 2011
Law Society of Ireland, admitted as a solicitor, 2014
Chartered Accountants Ireland, Diploma Corporate Finance, 2015