Paul is a partner in the Finance and Capital Markets Department.
Paul advises on a wide variety of transaction types including syndicated and bilateral lending transactions, leveraged acquisition financings, real estate financings, receivables financings, project finance and debt restructurings.
Paul began his career at Matheson and returned to the firm in 2020 following four years in the London office of New York firm, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP. As a result of this experience, Paul has particular expertise in cross-border financing and corporate transactions.
Paul has advised:
- Lenders and borrowers in relation to the provision of large syndicated credit facilities to publicly-traded companies.
- Lenders in relation to the provision of large syndicated and bilateral credit facilities to a number of Irish corporates (both secured and unsecured).
- Syndicates of lenders in relation to the provision of acquisition financing to a number of corporates.
- Irish and international corporates in relation to borrowings and the provision of guarantees and security in respect of such borrowings.
- International corporates (both buyers and sellers) regarding the finance-related elements of M&A transactions.
- Lenders and borrowers in relation to the restructuring of a number of debt financings.
- Lenders in relation to the financing of loan portfolio acquisitions and loan assets.
- Lenders and borrowers in relation to the provision of debt facilities to Irish fund
"Responsive, pragmatic, technically strong"
IFLR1000 33rd edition 2023
Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland
Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales (non-practising)
Bachelor of Business and Law (Hons) - University College Dublin
Diploma in Finance Law - Law Society of Ireland