Rob is a partner in the Corporate M&A Group.
Rob advises both international and domestic companies on corporate law matters, including private M&A, shareholders' agreements and joint ventures, equity fundraisings, reorganisations and general commercial matters.
Having previously worked in a global law firm in the United Arab Emirates for a number of years, Rob has extensive experience in advising on cross-border M&A transactions (acting for both buyers and sellers) across a range of sectors.
- Advising Majesco (previously NASDAQ listed prior to its acquisition by Thoma Bravo), a global provider of cloud insurance platform software, on its acquisition of the ClaimVantage group;
- Advising Bauer Media Group on its agreement to acquire Cork's Red FM 104-106
- Advising Eaton Corporation on its acquisition of Cooper Industries plc, valued at $11.8 billion;
- Advising Kastus, an award-winning surface innovation company with global headquarters based in Ireland, on its Series A equity fundraising;
- Advising an investor on its circa €50m investment in an Irish headquartered company, as part of a Series E fundraising round;
- Advising Orpea on its acquisition of a number of well-known nursing homes in Ireland;
- Advising one of Europe's leading infrastructure fund managers on its acquisition of a number of well-known nursing homes in Ireland;
- Advising a purchaser on its proposed acquisition of a large group of veterinary practices in Ireland;
- Advising Global Risk Partners (GRP) on its acquisition of a majority stake in Crotty Insurance Brokers;
- Advising Tokyo Electron Limited on its acquisition of Magnetic Solutions Limited;
- Advising Hijos de Rivera, the owner of Spanish beer brand Estrella Galicia, on its investment in Carlow Craft Brewery (the owner of O’Hara’s craft beer);
- Advising the owner of a global hypermarket business on the partial sale of its business operations in 22 countries to a UAE investment entity (consideration of approximately $1.2 billion);
- Representing Mitsubishi Corporation on its acquisition of a minority stake in Al Islami Foods, the UAE based halal food manufacturer and one of the leading frozen food companies in the GCC market;
- Advising Select Group on its AED 3 billion joint venture development of Marina Gate situated in Dubai Marina;
- Acting for National Catering Company LLC (NCC) and ADX listed company, The National Investor, on the acquisition by NCC of a majority stake in Grako, a specialized facilities management company, and Gecko, a UAE-based company specializing in industrial rope access and coating solutions;
- Representing a global chemicals business on its buy-out of its local partners' stakes in its Middle East business;
- Advising a London stock exchange listed healthcare company on various acquisitions of health and cosmetic clinics in Oman and the UAE;
- Acting for a seller on a $1.3 billion transaction primarily involving the sale of sea vessels based in Nigeria;
- Acting on a joint venture worth over $500 million, in respect of the development and operation of a methanol plant; and
- Advising on the establishment of two airline joint ventures to be operated out of the UAE.
Rob Barrett named as a Rising Star
The Legal 500 2022
Rob Barrett "managed the transaction calmly and composedly. He quickly garnered the respect and confidence of our management team. Whenever speed bumps were encountered, he was proactive and creative in finding solutions. He remained clear-headed and focussed regardless of how pressurised the situation."
The Legal 500 2022
Law Society of Ireland, admitted as a solicitor
Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales (non-practising)
University College Dublin (BCL)