Robert is a partner in the Corporate M&A Group.
Robert advises on all aspects of corporate transactions (both domestic and international) including mergers and acquisitions (both strategic and private equity), venture capital, shareholder arrangements, equity fundraisings, joint ventures, corporate reorganisations and restructurings and general commercial matters.
Having previously worked in New York with a leading US corporate law firm, Robert has particular expertise in large-scale domestic and cross-border M&A and private equity transactions, acting on both the buy-side and the sell-side in a variety of industries and sectors.
"Very experienced and is therefore able to be see the bigger picture on transactions, doesn't get bogged down in academic/small unimportant points. Really commercial and pragmatic as well as diligent and reliable."
IFLR1000 33rd edition 2023
Robert has recently advised on a significant number of the most valuable and high profile transactions undertaken in the Irish market, including:
Private Equity / Growth Equity
- Advising Macquarie Asset Management in relation to its acquisition of Beauparc Utilities, the leading Irish and UK recycling and processing led waste-to-resource business.
- Advising Waystone on the completion of an investment by Montagu Private Equity and Hg Capital.
- Advising lead investors QED Investors, Left Lane Capital and DST Global in relation to their participation in the $150m Series B fundraise for Wayflyer.
- Advising Waystone in relation to its acquisition of Centaur Group, an established global fund administration and fiduciary services provider headquartered in Ireland.
- Advising Waterland Private Equity in relation to their investment in MTM Engineering, an Irish headquartered specialist data centre cable expert providing turn-key cable installation and termination services.
- Advising Bregal Milestone LP in connection with its $70 million investment in Teamwork, a leading global Project Management SaaS solution focused company.
- Advising Lead Edge Capital, a growth stage fund based in New York and California, on its $50 million equity investment in Immedis Limited, an Irish head-quartered global payroll software developer.
- Advising Felicis Ventures, a US-based venture capital firm that focuses on early-stage to growth-stage investments in a variety of companies, in relation to its lead investor role in the Tines Security Series B2 fundraise.
- Advising Bregal Milestone LP in connection with its $160 million sale of Arkphire, a Dublin-headquartered IT product procurement and IT services company, to US headquartered Presidio.
- Advising Left Lane Capital, in relation to their lead role in the Wayflyer $76 million Series A raise.
- Advising Vertex Inc., a leading global provider of tax technology solutions, on their $200 million acquisition of Taxamo, a cloud-based pioneer in tax and payment automation for global e-commerce and marketplaces.
- Advising the largest selling shareholder in Irish alarm monitoring company HomeSecure on the sale of the business to PhoneWatch.
- Advising the shareholders of Pathfinder, an Irish consulting group, in connection with the acquisition of the company by the global management consulting firm Sia Partners.
- Advising Beltany Property Finance DAC and Pepper Finance Corporation (Ireland) DAC, in relation to the sale of Aut Even Hospital, an Ireland-based private hospital to UPMC.
- Advising CSG (Nasdaq-listed) in relation to its acquisition of Tango Telecom, an Ireland-based company providing convergent charging and intelligent messaging.
Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland
Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales (non-practising)
Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in the State of New York, USA (non-practising)
The University of Chicago Law School, USA, LL.M
University College Dublin (First Class Honours), Bachelor of Business and Law (BBL)