Susan is a partner in Matheson's Corporate M&A Group, with a particular focus on public company transactional, advisory and corporate governance matters.
Susan advises clients on public M&A, redomiciliations and equity capital markets transactions, having particular expertise in advising US and other international clients on cross-border acquisitions of Irish companies, migrations, capital raisings and equity capital markets transactions (undertaken domestically and by Irish companies listed on US and other foreign exchanges).
As a founding member of the firm's Public Company Advisory and Corporate Governance Group, Susan counsels clients on the full range of corporate governance, compliance, securities laws and advisory matters that arise for listed Irish companies.
Prior to joining the Corporate M&A Group, Susan worked in Matheson’s Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency Department.
Susan has advised:
- Horizon Therapeutics plc (a global biotech company) on its US$27.5 billion acquisition by Amgen Inc. by way of scheme of arrangement under the Irish Companies Act and pursuant to the Irish Takeover Rules;
- Finnish registered MariaDB Corporation Ab on its business combination with NYSE-listed SPAC, Angel Pond Holdings Corporation;
- Aon (a leading global professional services firm) on its corporate redomiciliation from the UK to Ireland and the listing of the new Irish holding company, Aon plc, on the NYSE;
- Weatherford International plc, the Irish registered, NYSE listed parent of the Weatherford group of companies, on one of the largest and most complex cross-border corporate restructurings of 2019, and the largest in Irish corporate history. In a highly innovative legal structure, the transaction, which involved a $7.4 billion debt-for-equity swap and refinancing, was implemented through the first ever combined use of the US Chapter 11 bankruptcy process and an Irish examinership restructuring process;
- Cimpress on its corporate redomiciliation from the Netherlands to Ireland and the listing of the new Irish holding company, Cimpress plc, on Nasdaq;
- Gurnet Point L.P. (a $2 billion healthcare investment fund) on its $209 million public takeover of Innocoll Pharmaceuticals plc (a Nasdaq-listed, global pharmaceutical and medical device company), by way of scheme of arrangement under the Irish Companies Act and pursuant to the Irish Takeover Rules;
- Nexvet Biopharma plc (a Nasdaq-listed bio-pharmaceutical company) on its $85 million public takeover by Zoetis (the global leading animal health company with revenues of $4.9 billion), by way of scheme of arrangement under the Irish Companies Act and pursuant to the Irish Takeover Rules; and
- Worldview Capital (a private investment management firm) on its hostile takeover of Petroceltic International plc (then listed on AIM and ESM and engaged in oil and gas exploration) and its subsequent global reorganisation of the Petroceltic group.
Susan Carroll Chrysostomou is named a Rising Star
Commercial, Corporate and M&A: European Legal 500 2021, 2022, 2023
Rising Star – Leading Lawyers
IFLR 2021, 2022 and 2023
"Susan Carroll did a fantastic job. She is extremely hardworking and was critical to the success of the transaction."
Chambers Europe 2019
Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland
University College Dublin, Master of Laws (Commercial)
University College Dublin, Bachelor of Civil Law