Vahan is a partner in the Tax Department at Matheson.
Vahan has a particular specialism in tax issues arising in the context of mergers and acquisitions. He also advises on a broad range of tax issues including cross-border reorganisations, employment related taxes, tax issues arising in the context of insolvency and property related matters and the tax consequences of doing business in and from Ireland.
As well as being admitted to the roll of solicitors in Ireland, Vahan is admitted as a chartered tax adviser of the Irish Taxation Institute.
Vahan has advised:
- Nomad Foods on its €225 million acquisition of the Goodfellas pizza brand.
- Private equity fund Riverside Europe on its acquisition of Netwatch, a private security company.
- Genesys on its acquisition of Altocloud Limited, a cloud-based analytics provider.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited on its $40.5 billion acquisition of Allergen’s generic drug business.
- Irving Oil on its acquisition of Phillips 66 Ireland Limited, which holds the Whitegate oil refinery.
- ElectroRoute’s selling shareholders on their sale of a majority stake in the business to Mitsubishi Corporation.
- The Sazerac group on its acquisition of the Paddy Irish Whiskey brand.
- Sedgwick Claims Management on its acquisition of OSG Group.
- Molex Ireland on its acquisition of ProTek Medical Limited.
- Zayo Group on its acquisition of Viatel Infrastructure Europe.
- Aramark on its acquisition of the food and luxury goods retailer Avoca.
- Global media giant News Corporation on its €18 million acquisition of Dublin-based social news agency Storyful Limited.
Vahan Tchrakian is recommended.
European Legal 500 2020
Admitted as an Associate of the Irish Tax Institute
Qualified as a solicitor in Ireland
Trinity College Dublin (LLB)