First woman to be appointed Chairperson
Tara Doyle has been appointed Chairperson of Irish law firm, Matheson. Tara is the first woman to be appointed Chairperson of the firm.
Tara will continue her day-to-day practice as Head of Matheson’s Asset Management and Investment Funds Department, alongside her new role.
“I am delighted to announce the appointment of Tara Doyle as Chairperson of Matheson,” said Michael Jackson, Managing Partner at Matheson. “Tara is someone with whom I have worked closely for over 25 years and whose professionalism, judgement and people skills I have long admired. She has been recognised by peers and by legal journals as one of the leading financial services lawyers in Europe and one of Europe’s leading female lawyers. As the firm’s first female Chairperson, her appointment represents an important milestone for the firm and a significant personal achievement for Tara. I look forward to liaising with Tara in her new role, as well as continuing to work with her in her role as Head of the firm’s Asset Management and Investment Funds Department.”
Commenting on her appointment Tara Doyle said, “Thank you to my partners at Matheson for electing me to this role. I am honoured to be the first female Chairperson of Matheson. I welcome this opportunity, and I look forward to working with Michael Jackson as Managing Partner in representing the firm and in leading and acting as an active proponent in respect of the firm’s values, whilst continuing to advise our clients as Head of the firm’s Asset Management and Investment Funds Department.”
Tara Doyle joined Matheson in 1994 as a trainee solicitor, and has been a partner since 2002. She has served on the firm’s management committee for a number of years, and also chairs Matheson’s Graduate Talent and Development Committee.
In November 2020, Tara was elected to the Council of the Law Society of Ireland. The issues on which she campaigned included diversity and inclusion, wellbeing and the international competitiveness of the Irish legal profession.
About Tara Doyle
- Tara Doyle is a partner and head of the Asset Management and Investment Funds Department at Matheson. She practises Irish financial services law and advises many of the world's leading financial institutions, investment banks, asset management companies, broker-dealers and corporations carrying on business in Ireland, or through Irish vehicles.
- Tara has extensive experience in advising a wide range of domestic and international clients on the structuring, establishment, marketing and sale of financing and investment vehicles and products in Ireland and other jurisdictions. In particular she specialises in advising on the legal and regulatory issues surrounding the establishment of private and public investment funds.
- Tara was a member of the Council of Irish Funds, the representative body for the Irish funds industry from 2015 to 2019, and served as Chair for the 2017 / 2018 term. Tara currently serves as Chair of the Irish Funds ESG Sustainability Working Group and in that capacity leads the Irish Funds ESG Policy, Legal & Regulatory Work stream.
- In November 2020, Tara was elected to the Council of the Law Society of Ireland, the Law Society’s governing body.
- Originally from County Kildare, Tara holds an LLM from the London School of Economics, and an LLB from Trinity College, Dublin.
- You can read more about Tara here.