Our approach to advising on outsourcing and managed services contracts, including cloud services, SaaS, PaaS and other “as a service” offerings, is multi-disciplinary, reflecting the varied nature of outsourced and contracted services, the range of industries engaged in outsourcing services solutions, and the complex legal, regulatory, data, commercial and contractual issues which arise in negotiating and managing such contracts.
We provide legal advice and support to our clients throughout the lifetime of their outsourcing and managed contracts, from project initiation to successful execution, including the tendering process and contract negotiations, employment and industrial relations strategies, corporate matters, regulatory requirements, data management, intellectual property and knowledge management, property, VAT and tax structuring, ongoing management of the outsourced relationship, and exit strategies and transitioning to second generation providers.
Our recent experience in includes:
- advising a start-up insurance tech company funded by a multinational insurer on the agreement for the implementation, licensing and services outsourcing for an innovating insurtech software platform from a leading Chinese insurance tech provider
- advising a non-traditional financial services provider in relation to multiple interconnected outsourcing agreements for the delivery of its financial service, including its strategically important mobile and web applications
- advising a multinational financial institution on the structuring of and contracts for its investor focused portals and apps, including outsourcing and regulatory matters
- providing strategic outsourcing advice to multiple fund service providers in the context of Central Bank of Ireland regulation and risk reviews, including interactions with the Central Bank or Ireland
- a social media company on intra-group outsourcing arrangements in the context of the provision of regulated payment services
- advising a publically traded pharmaceutical and chemical manufacturer on the full range of its commercial contracts and on data protection matters.