Matheson has extensive experience and expertise in representing clients taking and defending professional negligence claims. We have experience dealing with complex high value claims against legal, financial and construction professionals. We regularly act in arbitrations, expert determinations, mediations and court proceedings before the High Court and Commercial Court. Our intimate knowledge of the sectors in which these professionals operate ensures that we provide a seamless service on all professional service claims.
We also have considerable experience in defending medical negligence claims. The Healthcare Group offers a full range of services to our clients by drawing on a broad range of legal experts who are leaders in their respective fields. Our dedicated healthcare litigators and advisors understand the diverse issues that can arise in this sector. We advise, support and represent healthcare practitioners in defending medical malpractice claims, professional negligence claims and personal injury claims. We also advise on inquests and Medical Council complaints.
- Advising ACC Bank plc in the landmark solicitors’ negligence case.
- Advising Bank of Scotland in connection with a negligence claim against a firm of solicitors in relation to a suspected forgery, and in related proceedings against a borrower and her deceased husband.
- Advising an insurance broker in significant professional negligence proceedings arising from an allegation that Bloxham Stockbrokers are under insured for substantial claims.
- Advising in a multimillion euro professional negligence action against a major firm of solicitors in relation to the administration of high net worth probate estate.
- Representing medical and dental practitioners in defence of Court proceedings, at inquests, Fitness to Practice Inquiries, HSE and HIQA Inquiries, Commissions of Investigation and advising on ethical issues.
- Acting for leading dental and medical indemnity bodies and medical malpractice insurers.
- Representing medical practitioners and organisations in relation to Irish Medicines Board investigations and prosecutions.