Anthony Gaskin is a partner in the Asset Management Department at Matheson. He practices corporate and financial services law and advises many of the world's leading financial institutions, investment banks, asset management companies and service providers carrying on business in Ireland or through Irish vehicles.
Anthony has advised a wide range of clients on the structuring, establishment and marketing of investment vehicles and products in Ireland and other jurisdictions. He advises on many different types of structures, including UCITS, AIFs, private funds, loan origination funds as well as on fund mergers and other types of restructuring projects. He also regularly advises on the Irish interpretation and implementation of European financial services legislation, including in relation to sustainable finance initiatives. He regularly advises on the marketing of Irish funds in EEA member states and other jurisdictions.
Anthony's experience includes advising on:
- The establishment of Qualifying Investor Funds, including master-feeder structures, funds of funds and property funds.
- The establishment of UCITS, including equity funds, bond funds, structured products and UCITS funds which obtain indirect exposure to commodities.
- The structuring and financing of private funds established as regulated and unregulated structures.
- The use of multi-manager fund platforms and their related commercial agreements.
- Numerous fund merger and restructuring projects, including multiple cross-border mergers.
- The acquisition of fund service-provider businesses in Ireland and other jurisdictions.