Gráinne Dever has over 15 years’ experience in commercial litigation. She is a partner in the Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department and is also head of the Debt and Enforcement Group (also known as AB Wolfe & Co.).
Gráinne is an experienced litigation lawyer, advising a significant practice comprising of banks, financial services institutions and corporates on all aspects of debt recovery, enforcement and related litigation. Her expertise covers a wide range of sectors but she is most well-known for handling disputes relating to enforcement of security (mortgage-related and asset-based) as well as consumer lending. Gráinne and her team are also well known for effectively and efficiently handling a high volume of litigation for their clients including large scale substitution projects. She is commercial and pragmatic in her approach and this combined with sophisticated technology, results in ever increasing efficiencies to improve turnaround times and recoveries for her clients. Gráinne and her team also draw on their expertise in related areas such as corporate restructuring and insolvency and financial regulation.
Gráinne is an experienced advocate and represents her clients in court regularly. She has contributed to various industry publications in the areas of mortgage litigation and enforcement. She regularly gives in-house presentations on relevant topics to banks and other financial institutions. Gráinne has lectured on enforcement at the Law Society of Ireland and has spoken at national and international conferences.
Gráinne is a member of the Law Society of Ireland and a member of the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association.
- Advising loan owners and credit servicing firms on large scale substitution projects in the Circuit Court and High Court.
- Advised the Collector General’s office of the Revenue Commissioners on the recovery of outstanding taxes for the Central Fund.
- Advising a number of leading national and international financial institutions on the enforcement of defaulting loan portfolios.
- Advising a number of asset management companies on enforcement options and on the related regulatory requirements.
- Advised credit unions on the appointment of Receivers by way of Equitable Execution.
- Defending financial institutions in actions being taken against them by borrowers.
Qualified as a solicitor in Ireland
Admitted to the roll of solicitors in England and Wales (non-practising)
University College Dublin - B.Comm (Hons)
Law Society of Ireland - Diploma in Commercial Litigation
Law Society of Ireland - Certificate in Civil Advocacy in the Higher Courts