Orlaith is a partner in the Asset Management Department at Matheson. She practices financial services law and advises many of the world’s leading financial institutions, investment banks, asset management companies and service providers carrying on business in Ireland or through Irish vehicles.
Orlaith has extensive experience advising a wide range of domestic and international clients on the structuring, establishment, marketing and sale of both UCITS and alternative investment funds in Ireland across the full range of investment strategies and asset classes.
Orlaith has completed secondments with two large asset managers in London as well as with a large service provider in Dublin advising on both the depositary and administrator services.
Orlaith's experience includes advising on:
- the establishment and providing on-going advice in respect of both UCITS and AIFs (in the form of plcs, ICAVs, investment limited partnerships and unit trusts) as both umbrella funds and stand-alone funds focusing a variety of asset classes and strategies;
- drafting and review of constitutional documents for UCITS and AIFs;
- advising on, drafting and negotiating all service provider and third party contracts (including depositary agreements, administration agreements, investment manager agreements, investment advisor agreements and shareholders agreements);
- the implementation of the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulations and Taxonomy Regulation and related ESG matters in investment funds;
- the cross-border mergers of Irish and Luxembourg UCITS;
- change of service providers for UCITS and AIFs; and
- both UCITS management companies and AIFMs on the authorisation process as well as on passporting applications to be appointed as the management company to other EU domiciled investment funds as well as marketing passports.
Recognised in the Expert Guides Rising Stars Guide 2022
Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland – 2015
University College Dublin, LLM International Commercial Law - 2011
National University of Ireland Galway, Bachelor of Laws, LLB - 2010
National University of Ireland Galway, Bachelor of Corporate Law - 2009