"An excellent team – practical and pragmatic with a sensible approach to guide the company through the various aspects."
Our International Business Group provides a full range of Irish corporate law and corporate reorganisations advice and services to multinational companies doing business in and through Ireland, with a particular focus on cross-border reorganisations. Matheson comprises a multi-disciplinary team of experts and draw on unrivalled and extensive experience of guiding and supporting our international clients as they engage in strategic reorganisation of their business operations and corporate structures, in collaboration with clients’ internal team as well as other external advisors.
In a fast-changing global marketplace, commercial and structural flexibility has become a competitive advantage for large international enterprises. In order to achieve optimal results, Matheson provides a specific reorganisations service offering that is centred on designing and delivering tailored solutions that are closely aligned with the global objectives of our clients and the commercial imperatives that drive their business.
The International Business Group’s corporate reorganisation practice has developed a stellar reputation in the Irish market, in particular in the context of advising multinational companies and international law firms on the complex legal and commercial issues that arise when global companies integrate, consolidate or restructure their international business operations.
Our corporate reorganisations experience includes advising on:
- Pre-transaction restructurings, including multinational spin-offs or separation of a division, line of business or other assets into a separate corporate structure.
- Corporate migrations from other jurisdictions, including in the context of Brexit.
- Cross border business divestitures and carve out projects.
- Post-acquisition integration of acquired groups of companies including by merger.
- Restructurings and / or migration of intellectual property rights.
- Rationalisation projects designed to simplify and create efficient group structures.
- Supply chain restructuring projects.