Mairéad Ní Ghabháin is a partner in the Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department and Debt and Enforcement Group of Matheson, also known as AB Wolfe & Co.
Mairéad has over 13 years’ experience in litigation across a range of areas including debt recovery, enforcement of security, contractual disputes, banking and financial services. She advises financial institutions, international and domestic companies, regulated entities, credit unions, state and semi-state bodies as well as private clients.
She has significant enforcement experience in respect of domestic and international judgments. She has conducted examinations of witnesses in the District Court and High Court as part of enforcement procedures. She also has experience in progressing orders for sale through the Examiner’s Office.
Mairéad is an experienced advocate in her own right and has represented clients in all court jurisdictions.
She is on the Law Society’s Irish Language Register and tutors on the Law Society of Ireland’s Professional Practice Irish and Advanced Legal Irish Practice courses. She was appointed by the government to the Irish Legal Terms Advisory Committee.
- Acting for a number of leading domestic and international financial institutions, and their servicers, on the enforcement of non-performing loans.
- Advising financial institutions in actions being taken against them by borrowers.
- Acting for a number of institutions in large scale substitution projects following loan portfolio purchases.
- Advising financial institutions and lenders in respect of personal insolvency arrangements.
- Advising lenders and servicers on regulatory requirements issued by the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Acting for a number of international companies in respect of the enforcement of foreign judgments in Ireland.
Qualified as a solicitor in Ireland
Admitted to the roll of solicitors in England and Wales (non-practising)
University College Dublin (BCL)
University College Dublin (LLM)
Honourable Society of Kings Inns (Advanced Lawyer-Linguist and Legal Translation Diploma)
Law Society of Ireland (Certificate in Banking Law and Practice)
Law Society of Ireland (Certificate in Civil Advocacy in the Higher Courts)