Cillian is a partner in the Commercial Real Estate Department at Matheson and is a member of the CRE Secured Lending and Insolvency Group at Matheson. He is an accomplished and commercially focused lawyer and practises in all aspects of commercial property law.
Cillian advises both domestic and international lenders on all property aspects of real estate security from the taking of security through to the enforcement of same.
Cillian also has considerable experience in general commercial property work including acquisitions and disposals and commercial landlord and tenant work.
Cillian has particular experience in the renewables sphere having advised in relation to all property matters arising in connection with various energy projects including power stations, onshore wind farms, battery storage developments and solar energy projects.
Cillian has advised:
- An international lender regarding the provision of development finance for the Capital Dock development in Grand Canal Dock, Dublin.
- A multinational insurance company on all property matters in relation to the refinance of a large PRS and commercial development at Leopardstown, County Dublin.
- A domestic institutional lender on the financing of the acquisition of a business campus in North County Dublin.
- A domestic institutional lender on the financing, of the acquisition of several private hospitals across Ireland.
- Hines Real Estate Ireland and Cale Street on their bid to purchase Project Jewel, a NAMA loan book, secured on shopping centres, to include Dundrum Town Centre.
- GAM (formerly Renshaw Bay) on real estate financing and debt restructure of the Moriarty Group, with loans held by NAMA.
- A London based property investment company on the acquisition of 63 apartments in Tallaght, County Dublin.
- GE in respect of all property matters in relation to the due diligence and acquisition of 2 wind farm projects (one with R&D hybrid back-up diesel generators) with a combined capacity of 51MW in Ireland. Also advised on the subsequent sale of these 2 wind farm projects.
- Brookfield in respect of the acquisition of lands in connection with the development of a windfarm in Co. Tipperary.
- A Dutch Bank in providing finance to a wind farm development company for the operation of an onshore wind farm with a grid capacity of 10MW in Ireland, Co. Offaly, consisting of 4 GE wind turbines with a capacity of 2.75MW each.
- A German Bank in providing finance to a wind farm development company for the construction of an onshore wind farm with a grid capacity of 14.1MW at the townland of Letteragh, Lisseycasey, Co. Clare, consisting of 6 wind turbine generators.
- ING Bank DiBa in respect of all property matters in relation to the project financing of a 36.8MW operational wind farm.
- A large construction company in the acquisition of a pool of assets which included development lands at Dunshaughlin Co. Meath and already built apartments in Rathcoole, Co. Dublin.
- International clients in carrying out extensive property due diligence on a wide range of investment properties in connection with the acquisition of a number of loan tranches.
- The Courts Service in the acquisition of 5 sites in Drogheda, Limerick, Cork, Mullingar and Waterford for the development of several new courthouses pursuant to a PPP programme.
"Cillian O’Boyle is very approachable and understands the key issues when dealing with a matter."
Real Estate: European Legal 500 2023
"Cillian O’Boyle has excellent knowledge of the renewables sector, which means advice from the real estate team is practical, commercial and reflects current industry practice."
Real Estate: European Legal 500 2023
"Knowledge and responsiveness."
"Cillian O’Boyle has extensive knowledge of the sector and has a pragmatic approach which is a huge help in negotiating with key project stakeholders."
Real Estate: The European Legal 500 2022
Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland
University of Limerick, BBS